[Buildroot] Updated status on the compilation of busybox on Mac OS X

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Dec 1 13:48:03 UTC 2009

Le Sun, 29 Nov 2009 19:37:55 +0100,
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> a écrit :

>  Nicholas> I know that the Gumstix folks seem to keep a separate build
>  Nicholas> for Mac OS X:
>
>  Nicholas> http://docwiki.gumstix.org/index.php/Buildroot_on_MacOSX
>
> Yes, the gumstix people unfortunately haven't been that good at
> submitting their fixes back to us :/

To be honest, for many years, the Buildroot project was mostly
unmaintaned, so it was basically not possible for all these forks
(Gumstix, OpenWRT, Armadeus, etc.) to submit their changes and get some
proper review and integration.

Nowadays, the project is in a much better shape, and I think the
situation would be different now that potential contributors see that
the project is active, has an official maintainer, deliver regular
releases, etc.

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.