[Buildroot] rebuild problem, fakeroot complaining.

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Aug 21 22:40:46 UTC 2009

Le Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:12:18 -0300,
Thiago A. Corrêa <thiago.correa at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I've never seen this, but from the error message, looks like the linux
> kernel on your host computer lacks SYSV IPC support. Try enabling it,
> should fix the problem. You would have to recompile your kernel, or do
> some distro wizardry to get the right precompiled kernel package.

That's also what I would have said, but Richard reports in its original
e-mail: "If i reboot then i can build again one time but the next
fails.".

So it looks like fakeroot works once, and then the next times fails.
Maybe fakeroot only uses SysV IPC in some cases, but that seems odd.

I've also never seen such a report.

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.