[Buildroot] Explicit dependencies on uclibc in makefiles

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 08:52:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:43:27AM -0300, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
>2009/8/13 Hans-Christian Egtvedt <hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com>:
>> On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:19:48 +0100
>> Will Newton <will.newton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snipp>
>>
>>> Why does bash depend on uclibc but grep doesn't? Does grep have a bug
>>> or can we remove the unneeded dependency from bash?
>>>

>> IIRC uclibc is earlier in the dependency loop anyway, uclibc is in the
>> BASE_TARGETS list. See top level Makefile.
>>

>Ah, ok. I never looked it up at the top Makefile. Well, then I guess
>we could drop uclibc from all packages/*

indeed.

>This actually should be done for the glibc support to work properly I guess.

http://repo.or.cz/w/buildroot.git?a=commit;h=7a1e0eccede82028e176ee4671fe79b1a34c0779
http://repo.or.cz/w/buildroot.git?a=commit;h=567d5c24536c8462b6df24f6c7654a72b00f202d
http://repo.or.cz/w/buildroot.git?a=commit;h=ab606461d9033d8dca2dd698751308d9aa0c528f
http://repo.or.cz/w/buildroot.git?a=commit;h=31cb73c8370d65a2fde86415de59369dc433b02d

and related commits.

As previously stated, i invite anybody to bring your tree up to snuff