[Buildroot] Issue using an external toolchain

gilles TALIS gilles.talis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 13:28:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

I saw that this topic has been raised many times in the buildroot
discussions but I could not find an answer to my problem.
I tired using CodeSourcery ARM 2008q3 toolchain (built with glibc) with
buildroot and could finally build the software I needed.

Unfortunately, I am facing a strange problem I don't know about to go passed
it.
When I get to the "Welcome to Buildroot" prompt, the login process asks for
a password. When I use a toolchain I have built myself using
uClibc/crosstool-ng, I am never requested to provide a password.

I tried "root", "admin" whatever as password but it does not work.
Can someone help me and also explain to me why I get requested the password
now?

thanks
Gilles.