[Buildroot] Qt Embedded build problem for x86 target (was Re: A new QTOPIA error)

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 20:30:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

2009/4/17 Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org>:

>  Thiago> The problem is, if we just commit this work around, then build would
>  Thiago> fail for other hosts, such as freebsd, macos, etc.
>
> What exactly breaks for those people? My guess is that non-Linux users
> compiling for x86 are a pretty small group, but if it's an issue we
> can always detect host OS and only add the configure flag for Linux
> users.

For them, the proper -platform would be different (freebsd-g++, macos-g++, etc).
This basically tells configure what is the proper mkspec/* folder to
use for the host tools, while -xplatform and -embedded tells it what
are the proper mkspec/qws/* folder for the target.

Those folders contain compiler settings, flags and some times, include files.

We could restrict that to only when building x86, but it would still
be hackish, I guess.

Thanks,
    Thiago A. Correa