[Buildroot] Qt Embedded build problem for x86 target (was Re: A new QTOPIA error)

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Apr 17 14:00:34 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Thiago" == Thiago A Corrêa <thiago.correa at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Thiago> I built i686_defconfig with Qtopia enabled and was able to reproduce
 Thiago> his first bug with the g++@ missing.
 Thiago> The workaround was to add -platform linux-g++ to configure. I guess
 Thiago> Nokia/QtSoftware's configure script has a bug somewhere that during
 Thiago> x86 to x86 crosscompiling it's unable to figure out the proper
 Thiago> platform for the host tools.

Ahh ok, thanks for looking into it.

 Thiago> The problem is, if we just commit this work around, then build would
 Thiago> fail for other hosts, such as freebsd, macos, etc.

What exactly breaks for those people? My guess is that non-Linux users
compiling for x86 are a pretty small group, but if it's an issue we
can always detect host OS and only add the configure flag for Linux
users.