[Buildroot] Simple glibc-based external toolchain support

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Apr 15 14:23:19 UTC 2009

Le Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:13:53 +0200,
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> a écrit :

> I don't have a use for it myself, but I don't have a problem with it
> getting added (as long as someone is willing to supports its
> users).

Ok, thanks. My approach has one drawback: when one selects uClibc, the
Kconfig system picks up the default uClibc values for
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_LIB_C and BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_LIBS. If the
user then later changes to glibc, then Kconfig doesn't change the
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_LIB_C and BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_LIBS : they are
kept to their uClibc defaults. That may confuse users.

This raises the following point: do we need these options at all ?
Can't we just hardcode in ext-took.mk the list of libraries that have
to be imported in the target, depending on the choosen C library ?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.