[Buildroot] buildroot openssl compile error

Brad Johnson bradjohn263 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 14 02:00:14 UTC 2009

Hello Peter,
What I have is a buildroot-built toolchain, but I initially installed
the toolchain outside the buildroot tree so it could be shared by other
developers (BR2_STAGING_DIR=/opt/arm-linux). I then changed it to use
the externally installed toolchain, so other developers could start from
the same shared config files and build a root file system without having
to rebuild the toolchain every time.
I do have a build_arm/staging_dir/usr/include/zlib.h, but no
/opt/arm-linux/usr/include/zlib.h.
And as I explain this, I think I understand that my problem is that when
I add new packages (like ssh) to the buildroot config, I probably need
to rebuild the externally installed toolchain so the proper header files
get installed there? At the time, it seemed to me that it would be
capable of finding the internal
build_arm/staging_dir/usr/include/zlib.h, but it could be that it now
only includes the external usr/include location?
I have attached my .config file.
Thanks,
Brad