[Buildroot] u-boot fails with custom board support

mike sander msander at cogeco.ca
Wed Apr 8 14:08:14 UTC 2009

Hi All:

I'm using buildroot-2009.02.  I have a custom board based on atmel
at91sam9g20.    I have created a top level board config.

I invoke make as follows:

make BOARD=xx

u-boot is failing with the following messages (see below).   I have
specified "at91sam9g20ek" in the "board name" section for u-boot (same
behaviour with default setting).  It appears that u-boot does correctly
do the at91sam9g20ek_config.   I cannot see how/why make is looking for
"Project Name" items under u-boot towards the end of the u-boot
build.      Manually building u-boot with "make
at91sam9g20ek_config;make" works fine.   Stock u-boot is perfectly
acceptable.

I've read the br docs.  I did not see any indication that u-boot needs
to be tailored when using custom board support.  Any suggestions on how
to force u-boot  to build the stock config?  I have tried latest br
snapshot too.  same behavior.   I suspect I have missed something obvious.

/usr/bin/make -C board/atmel/xx/
make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** board/atmel/xx/: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory
make[1]: *** [board/atmel/xx/libxx.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/br/buildroot/project_build_arm/xx/u-boot-2009.03'
make: ***
[/home/br/buildroot/project_build_arm/xx/u-boot-2009.03/u-boot.bin] Error 2

thanks in advance,

mike sander