[Buildroot] [NEWBIE] Disable U-Boot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Apr 3 12:42:41 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Roger" == Roger Varley <roger.varley at googlemail.com> writes:

 Roger> Hi
 Roger> I have installed buildroot-2902 and I'm trying my hand at my first
 Roger> "make" It fails when it tries to build u-boot-2009-01 with
 Roger> the error

 Roger> make[1] *** no rule to make target "vortex_config"

 Roger> I don't use u-boot, I've selected the grub option but the system won't
 Roger> allow me to switch off the "Das U-Boot Boot Monitor".
 Roger> How do I stop buildroot from trying to build U-Boot

Did you by any chance select the advanced Linux kernel config and
uImage as "kernel binary format"? If so, then that's why it tries to
build U-Boot. You probably want bzImage instead.