[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/toolchain/gcc

Fathi Boudra fboudra at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 11:45:42 UTC 2008

>  Fathi> what about backport "add decimal float handling" commit from
>  Fathi> Bernhard's git repo. ?
>
> Please refresh my memory - What does that fix?

Fix gcc-4.3.x build failure on missing fenv.h.
To workaround the issue, we need --disable-decimal-float
so $(GCC_DECIMAL_FLOAT) was introduced.

> I don't recall ever getting an answer from Bernhard on that mail ..

He didn't replied to the thread.

He introduced a configure option to handle decimal float which is a bit
nicer from my POV.

+choice
+       prompt "GCC decimal floating types"
+       default BR2_GCC_DECNUMBER_no
+       help
+         As an extension, the GNU C Compiler supports decimal float types
+         as defined in the N1176 draft ISO/IEC WDTR24732.
+
+config BR2_GCC_DECNUMBER_no
+       bool "no"
+config BR2_GCC_DECNUMBER_yes
+       bool "yes"
+config BR2_GCC_DECNUMBER_bid
+       bool "bid"
+config BR2_GCC_DECNUMBER_dpd
+       bool "dpd"
+endchoice
+
+config BR2_GCC_DECNUMBER
+       string
+       default "no"  if BR2_GCC_DECNUMBER_no
+       default "yes" if BR2_GCC_DECNUMBER_yes
+       default "bid" if BR2_GCC_DECNUMBER_bid
+       default "dpd" if BR2_GCC_DECNUMBER_dpd

cheers,

Fathi