[Buildroot] [buildroot 0004954]: Cannot build gcc-4.3.2 under a buildroot rootfs

bugs at busybox.net bugs at busybox.net
Sun Sep 14 03:50:47 UTC 2008

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=4954
Reported By:                jbruchon
Assigned To:                buildroot
Project:                    buildroot
Issue ID:                   4954
Category:                   Standards Compliance
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             09-13-2008 20:50 PDT
Last Modified:              09-13-2008 20:50 PDT
I have been unable to build gcc under any buildroot-generated rootfs for
many months now.  I mimic most of the options listed under "gcc -v" and I
manually made the symlink /lib/cpp -> /usr/bin/cpp to correct an error,
but for some reason there are complaints about GNU header files in
config.log and I am unable to build gcc at all.  This is using the latest
snapshot of buildroot and the latest snapshot of uClibc, along with most
of the programs under "Generic development system."  I have stuck with
defaults throughout the entire process to attempt to minimize the
possibility of this happening; no matter how I change the buildroot,
uClibc, or gcc configuration, I am NEVER EVER able to compile gcc-4.3.x
under ANY buildroot rootfs whatsoever.

In short, a buildroot rootfs can't self-host!

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
09-13-08 20:50  jbruchon       New Issue
09-13-08 20:50  jbruchon       Status                   new => assigned
09-13-08 20:50  jbruchon       Assigned To               => buildroot
09-13-08 20:50  jbruchon       File Added: config.log