[Buildroot] Login exited

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Fri Sep 5 13:09:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 03:38:31PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
> PS.  I just noticed, there is an error line when I run 'make' to get
> my rootfs image, it is:
>  rootdir=/root/buildroot/project_build_arm/uclibc/root
>  table='target/generic/mini_device_table.txt'
>  /root/buildroot/build_arm/cramfs-1.1/mkcramfs: invalid option -- l
>  rm -f /root/buildroot/project_build_arm/uclibc/.fakeroot*
>
> I checked, there is no a -l option for mkcramfs, but the buildroot
> does try to use it.  Anyway, the cramfs is created successfully, but I
> am not sure it is not a problem.

-l is for a little endian file system, so if it's producing a file
system with the wrong endianness, yes that's a big problem.

I'm assuming your target is little-endian. (By the way the
buildroot.config you attached to the next message was actually some sort
of configure log, not a buildroot configuration - so I couldn't check
that).

Your mkcramfs build must have got wrong, or you're missing the patches
or something. Specifically you must have
target/cramfs/cramfs-02-endian.patch - it's dated 2005 so I can't
believe it's just a case of an old version.

Can you check if you have that patch? Perhaps you can "make
cramfs-dirclean", then make again, and if you still see the problem then
post a build log from "make cramfs-dirclean cramfs".

It's unfortunate that mkcramfs doesn't bomb out when passed invalid
options..

Hamish