[Buildroot] Login exited

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Sep 4 14:29:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 01:34:14PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:
> > Did you try booting with init=/bin/sh as I suggested two days ago? Or
> > modify your inittab to present you with a shell without needing to
> > login? This will help to break down the problem dramatically.
>
> I did init=/bin/sh as you suggested and reported the result to the
> list.  Again, the result is:  there is nothing I can do after rootfs
> was loaded by kernel.  I can type in characters can see the echo of
> what I typed on the screen, but no any other outputs.  Does this has
> something to do with my read-only file system type (cramfs)?

I didn't see your posting. Do you get a prompt? Do you get any messages
at all after the kernel loads, loads the RAM disk, etc? Please post the
whole log.

No I don't see how the root file system being read-only would be
significant. cramfs is always read-only. I build cramfs here with
buildroot and it works just fine.

Hamish