[Buildroot] Problem with program_transform_name and naming of installed binaries

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Oct 31 13:43:26 UTC 2008

Le Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:33:07 +0100,
Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> a écrit :

> Of course, this is not the desired behaviour, since binaries on the
> target also end up with the arm-blablabla prefix. However, after a
> quick look at ./configure, I don't really understand what's the logic
> to compute this program_transform_name variable.
>
> Any clue ?

FYI, the related autoconf documentation is available at
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/html_node/Transforming-Names.html#Transforming-Names.

It seems that by default, the binary names are transformed to be
prefixed with the target name, which is what I see. Should we add
--program-prefix= and --program-transform-name= to the CONFIGURE_OPTS ?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.