[Buildroot] LDFLAGS setting in buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Oct 28 13:37:29 UTC 2008

Le Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:36:08 +0100,
Daniel J Laird <daniel.j.laird at nxp.com> a écrit :

> Sometime ago Thomas Petazzoni posted some patches about setting
> rpath-link etc.
>
> I have been playing with this and have come to similar conclusion.
> That is that doing LD="$(TARGET_LD) $(TARGET_LDFLAGS)" is not very
> helpful.

It's worse than that: on my setup, the patch you committed didn't work
because the -Wl,--rpath-link option was in TARGET_LDFLAGS, and so was
part of the LD variable, leading to ./configure failures when trying to
detect available libraries.

> They all build better (i.e I do not need to add LD_FLAGS to all the
> packages) and I can then add --rpath-link lines to TARGET_LDFLAGS and
> they all still build (no shared library issues) Does anyone have any
> problems with what I am suggesting before I go ahead and commit.....

Can you just send the patch you intend to commit, so that I can test
before ?

Thanks a lot for caring about this issue !

Cheers,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.