[Buildroot] Unable to create files inside mounted root filesystem

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Oct 27 14:28:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

 >> config BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_EXT2_BLOCKS
 >> int "size in blocks (leave at 0 for auto calculation)"
 >> depends on BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_EXT2
 >> default 0
 >>
 >> config BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_EXT2_INODES
 >> int "inodes (leave at 0 for auto calculation)"
 >> depends on BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_EXT2
 >> default 0

 Adam> Yep, that was indeed the problem. However, it's not really
 Adam> clear to me how the block size is computed by genext2fs, so
 Adam> it's hard to know exactly how many blocks to allocate. I took a
 Adam> guess at 204088 blocks and 100000 inodes, which is probably
 Adam> overkill but seems to work.

True. Those options are forwarded directly to genext2fs (-b and -N
options), so have a look at the man page of genext2fs for details.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard