[Buildroot] [RFC] Avoid make distclean to remove packages fromrootfs

John Schimandle john_schimandle at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 12:20:52 UTC 2008

I perform the following steps to rebuild the rootfs. It's fast and easy.

rm project_build_ARCH/PROJECT/.root
rm -rf project_build_ARCH/PROJECT/root

Once these steps are done then the next make will copy in a clean skeleton
template and all the other Makefiles will notice the install targets are
missing and they will install all the targets. This is the cleanest and
fastest method I have found because this only copies files.

Maybe this should be added to the top level Makefile.

John