[Buildroot] [buildroot 0005434]: changing option in uClibc menuconfig doesn't cause recompile of uClibc library

bugs at busybox.net bugs at busybox.net
Wed Oct 15 17:31:59 UTC 2008

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=5434
Reported By:                suffecool
Assigned To:                buildroot
Project:                    buildroot
Issue ID:                   5434
Category:                   Other
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             10-15-2008 10:31 PDT
Last Modified:              10-15-2008 10:31 PDT
After successfully compiling the libuClibc-0.9.29.so library, I changed the
.config file to turn off the UCLIBC_HAS_ERRNO_MESSAGES and
UCLIBC_HAS_SIGNUM_MESSAGES options, and reran the make command. The
applicable code was not recompiled, and my uClibc library remained
unchanged. The only output I get is:
  STRIP -x -R .note -R .comment lib/libpthread.a
  AR cr lib/libpthread.a

The only way I was able to force a recompile was to blow everything away
with a "make clean" and start from scratch.

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
10-15-08 10:31  suffecool      New Issue
10-15-08 10:31  suffecool      Status                   new => assigned
10-15-08 10:31  suffecool      Assigned To               => buildroot