[Buildroot] BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX_CONFIG and Atmel targets

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Mon Oct 13 10:28:41 UTC 2008

Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Anders> in target/device/Atmel/atngw100/Makefile.in there is a line
>  Anders> BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX_CONFIG:=$(BOARD_PATH)/busybox-1.9.1.config
>
> Yes, this is done so specific boards can enforce certain
> busybox/uclibc configurations. For most boards this is fine, but you
> can ofcause start to question it for evaluation boards.
To me it looks like this diminishes the value of buildroot for these boards, I
would suggest something like the attached patch (i.e. providing board specific
defaults without forcing the user to always use them)

> Either change the config that it points to or don't select that board
> (or create your own board config based on the atngw).
And put these restrictions in the buildroot documentation, so others will find
it sooner than I did...

Regards

Anders

Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Department of Automatic Control
Lund University                  Phone:    +46 46 222 4625
P.O. Box 118                     Fax:      +46 46 138118
SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden