[Buildroot] [RFC] moving audio and video packages into a new category 'multimedia'

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Nov 14 13:35:10 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Arnar" == Arnar Mar Sig <antab at valka.is> writes:

 Arnar> I also think that the package dir structure should reflect the menus
 Arnar> and no packages should be directly under packages/

 Arnar> IMO the organization of package that FreeBSD ports has is really good
 Arnar> and can be used as template for our package dir structure.
 Arnar> Also FreeBSD ports does NOT rename packages like most linux package
 Arnar> systems do (and annoys the hell out of me). Like libgtk, the softwares
 Arnar> name is GTK not libgtk so the package should be named gtk to make
 Arnar> looking for it easier.

Fine by me, patches are welcome.

I would prefer to not rename Kconfig symbols though, to not break
existing .config's.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard