[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot

hartleys hartleys at visionengravers.com
Wed Nov 5 00:00:47 UTC 2008

On Tuesday, November 04, 2008 4:54 PM, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:

>>> Because in 'make menuconfig' BR2_STAGING_DIR="" and some commands
>>> fail, try this patch:
>>>
>>> http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=5984
>>
>> Just found that patch and tried it. Better but still no go...
>>
>> The new messages are:
>>
>> Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
>> Try `grep --help' for more information.
>>
>> Could this be because I don't have a glib-genmarshal anywhere on my
>> system? Actually, I'm not even sure what that executable is...
>

> Sorry, you are right. Please try again
>
> http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=5984
>
> patch -R < Makefile.patch
>
> patch < Makefile.patch2
>
> or
>
> svn revert Makefile
> patch < Makefile.patch2

That gets rid of the messages. FYI, HOST_GLIB_BIN and HOST_GLIB get set
to the following on my system:

HOST_GLIB_BIN=
HOST_GLIB=.

I just echoed the variables as:

	@echo HOST_GLIB_BIN=$(HOST_GLIB_BIN)
	@echo HOST_GLIB=$(HOST_GLIB)

I assume HOST_GLIB_BIN is ok since I don't have glib-genmarshal
installed. But will the '.' be a problem for HOST_GLIB?

Thanks,
Hartley