[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot: toolchaintoolchain/external-toolchain

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Nov 4 19:22:44 UTC 2008

 Thomas> The second option « same version as linux headers » clearly
 Thomas> cannot work with my patches: since we're using an external
 Thomas> toolchain, there's no version of linux headers defined in
 Thomas> Buildroot.

 Thomas> So my proposal is:

 Thomas>  1) remove the option "linux (same version as linux headers)"
 Thomas>  when an external toolchain is used ;

Seems logical.

 Thomas> Grant Likely recently sent a patch adding the ability to get the kernel
 Thomas> for a Git repository. See
 Thomas> http://buildroot.uclibc.org/lists/buildroot/2008-October/011037.html.
 Thomas> This patch hasn't been integrated to Buildroot, yet.

Yeah, it's still on my todo list.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard