[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Nov 4 17:14:09 UTC 2008

Le Tue, 04 Nov 2008 10:41:45 +0100,
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> a écrit :

> That looks more like a problem about glib-genmarshal not being
> installed on the host (E.G. something like a libglib2.0-dev package)

Yep, there are two solutions:

 * Require glib-genmarshal to be installed on the host, in which case
   it should be checked prior to the compilation process ;

 * Since the source code of glib-genmarshal is already available in the
   package we're compiling, compile it for the host and use this
   version instead of looking in /usr/bin.

The current glib source code seems to indicate that the first solution
is preferred when doing cross-compilation:

if test $cross_compiling = yes; then
  AC_PATH_PROG(GLIB_GENMARSHAL, glib-genmarshal, no)
  if test x$GLIB_GENMARSHAL = xno; then
    AC_MSG_ERROR(Could not find a glib-genmarshal in your PATH)
  fi
fi

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons