[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot: toolchaintoolchain/external-toolchain

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Nov 3 23:17:54 UTC 2008

Le Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:09:10 -0500,
"hartleys" <hartleys at visionengravers.com> a écrit :

> With these two patches I can no longer build kernel 2.6.27.3 using an
> external 4.1.1-920t toolchain.

Oops. Could you give me your Buildroot .config file ? And the error
message you're having ?

To build the kernel, there are two solutions:
 * linux (advanced configuration)
 * linux (same version as linux headers)

The second solution is probably broken by my change, but the first one
seems to work fine here.

I don't use Buildroot to build my kernels, so I missed that problem,
sorry.

> I know I should just build a new toolchain with buildroot but I have
> never been able to successfully get one working. That step I just do
> not get.....

I also use external toolchain, since I have troubles getting a
completely working toolchain with Buildroot.

> Removing the following two patches fixes the problem. Any other
> solution?

I understand why removing the second chunk fixes something, but not
really the first chunk.

Thanks for the feedback !

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.