[Buildroot] How to build a gcc-3.3 toolchain

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Nov 2 13:55:55 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Adam" == Adam McLaurin <buildroot at irotas.net> writes:

 Adam> Hi folks,
 Adam> Unfortunately the software project I'm working on requires some features
 Adam> of gcc that were removed after v3.3.x. However, when I do 'make
 Adam> menuconfig' for buildroot and go to select the version of gcc, the only
 Adam> versions available are 4.1.2, 4.2.1, 4.2.3, 4.2.4, and 4.3.1.

 Adam> Is it possible to install an older version instead, perhaps 3.3.6?

You could probably change the existing 3.4.6 support (remember to
enable BR2_DEPRECATED) to compile a 3.3 gcc instead.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard