[Buildroot] Anyone try simulating their Buildroot-created filesystem image in QEMU?

Arun Reddy reddyac at gmail.com
Mon May 26 20:13:49 UTC 2008

Hey fellas, I would like to thank you for having this discussion in my
thread. I completely understand the point that buildroot doesn't make disk
images. I too tried qemu-img convert to see if I can "convert" the buildroot
created image to a harddisk image. But to actually convert the buildroot
image to a harddisk image, I did this successfully with my x86 build using
the script under ~/buildroot/scripts/build-ext3-img. In that, it actually
goes through what Knut-Havard outlined. Have you guys taken a look at it? I
tried using this script for my arm build (I ran my x86 build using
VirtualBox, but VirtualBox doesn't support ARM targets), and it seemed like
I made a harddisk image, but I still can't boot it in QEMU.

I think it might be worth looking into Wayne if you're curious. I will play
around with this method more and see what I can come up with. I have yet to
read the new link you gave as well. I hope to come up with something by
tonight!