[Buildroot] Bootloaders

Arun Reddy reddyac at gmail.com
Tue May 20 00:34:04 UTC 2008

Jason,

I am new to Buildroot as well. I have successfully created an x86 target
with Grub as the bootloader. I was wondering if the error you're getting
says something about not being able to resolve the debian ftp site? Are you
able to even download grub from the correct repository first? I just want to
know if it's a compiling problem or a problem with retrieving grub. If it's
the latter than the problem lies within the actual Makefile, in that the
repository is broken and you need to change the path for your development
system to go grab it from.

I wish I could help with your U-boot problem, but for now I am struggling
just to get an ARM build done so I can test it out on QEMU (an emulator
which I can use to serve as my ARM bootloader). I will soon need to build
u-boot as well so if anyone responds to your questions it would be helping
me out as well in the future.