[Buildroot] ARM build error with llseek.c

Arun Reddy reddyac at gmail.com
Fri May 16 15:31:39 UTC 2008

Bernhard,

Thank you for this information. I would like to point out that I would like
to give an actual .log whenever I post a problem to the mailing list, but
VirtualBox seems to prevent me from doing so.

I have my development environment (Debian Etch) w/o a desktop environment
installed on a VirtualBox instance with Windows as the host. I set up a
shared folder (to bring over the error log to Windows so I can include the
text in my email) but when copying a file to my shared folder, the resulting
file is more than 3GB, while the original file is of course only a couple k.
I checked with VB's ticket history and it looks like this is a common
problem with version 1.5.6, and for now the only way to solve it seems to
involve reverting back to 1.5.4 which I haven't done yet.

Thanks for bringing that up and I will certainly try and fix the issue so I
can include proper text of Buildroot errors, because I certainly understand
that the links I put up in earlier emails may not last too long for future
Buildroot users to see.