[Buildroot] make clean;make fails

Hodgson, Simon Simon.Hodgson at nortechonline.co.uk
Thu May 8 13:01:15 UTC 2008

Hi There,

I'm trying to remove some packages from my buildroot to free up some diskspace.

First, I noticed if I do 'make menuconfig' remove the packages then 'make' they don't actually get removed from the rootfs disk image.

So then I thought I'd try 'make clean', 'make' but it would appear this doesn't put all the necessary stuff into project_build_arm/at91sam9260dfc/root/ (e.g. /usr/bin directory is missing, /etc/shadow file is missing amongst others)

Is this is bug in the buildroot system, or something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Simon