[Buildroot] Cannot login a shell

John Voltz john.voltz at gmail.com
Fri May 2 11:32:18 UTC 2008

Tiju,

Edit /etc/inittab and comment out any getty's and add this:

ttyS0::respawn:-/bin/sh (if you are using a serial port)

or

tty0::respawn:-/bin/sh (if you are using a regular console)

then change the root password:

passwd root

This should hopefully get you in. If not, you might have some other problem.

John