[Buildroot] initramfs doesn't need root to create an image

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Mar 29 14:00:04 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 06:59:01AM +0000, Nigel Kukard wrote:
> Attached a patch which removes the requirement on fakeroot & makedevs
> and prevents files from being created in /dev instead of devices when
> one builds buildroot as a non-priv user.

Why? Was there a problem with fakeroot?

The ext2 and jffs2 targets both use fakeroot, although the generator
tools can do privilege squashing and handle device tables themselves.
Next week I need to add ubifs support, and currently the generator tool
does not have device table support fwiw.

Thanks,
Hamish