[Buildroot] build problems

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Mar 26 21:34:10 UTC 2008

 >> I see that the directory only has a busybox config for 1.6.1 and
 >> 1.9.1, so it's broken anyway if the user selects anything else than
 >> that.

 Ulf> Yes, and then the user is responsible for creating a
 Ulf> configuration for that.  The current tree will modify the
 Ulf> configuration of an existing .config file without warning the
 Ulf> user, which is even more broken.

.. Because the hidding magic in the Makefile is broken. The config
option is called BR2_BUSYBOX_VERSION_1_9_X instead of 1_9_1 for a
reason.

 >> To me it doesn't make sense to keep earlier versions than the latest
 >> stable release of a given major version (E.G. 1.9.2 instead of 1.9.1)

 Ulf> What you are saying here is that you do not want to allow people
 Ulf> to decide for themselves when they should upgrade the busybox version.
 Ulf> I think a lot of project managers would have an issue with this.

Exactly - Just like all the other packages we have.

Buildroot lives and evolves over time (and it has to). If you want a
static config, just don't change your buildroot snapshot.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard