[Buildroot] question about /tftpboot

Jean-Christian de Rivaz jc at eclis.ch
Tue Mar 25 11:01:57 UTC 2008

Ulf Samuelsson a écrit :

>> Habib Bouaziz-Viallet a écrit :
>>> Hi all !
>>>
>>> I would like my tftp server provides access to another directory (e.g
>>> /var/... param configured with /etc/inetd.conf  with my GNU Debian)
>>>
>>> '/ tftpboot'. Changing '/ tftpboot' is apparently not possible from
>>> 'make menuconfig'
>>>
>>> How do i do ? Many thanks
>>>

>> There is a symbol BR2_LINUX_COPYTO to adjust that. Some time ago I found
>> it broken by the target/linux/Makefile.in.advanced file and I proposed a
>> patch in this bug report: http://bugs.uclibc.org/view.php?id=2384
>>
>> Maybe the situation is better now.
 >
 >The linux kernel should possibly be copied several times, and
 >you cannot use a single symbol for this.

Thanks Ulf for your hint, but did you have a more precise example ? I
observed that only the Atmel targets uses a second symbol
BR2_TARGET_ATMEL_COPYTO.

I have updated my two proposed patchs
http://bugs.uclibc.org/view.php?id=2384 and
http://bugs.uclibc.org/view.php?id=2394 to match the current SVN head.
There don't change the fact that there is two symbols, there only make
the COPYTOP symbols possibly work if the tftpboot directory is anything
other than "/tftpboot" like this is more and more the case on the new
distributions.

The idea to use only one symbol cam after I see that there is two of
them for Atmel targets. I still don't see why something would go wrong
if the BR2_TARGET_ATMEL_COPYTO will be replaced by the BR2_LINUX_COPYTO.
 From my point of view this remove the confusion for the users to set
two symbols instead of a single one. I will propose a patch to do that
only if the first two will be accepted as this one will obviously be
useless without them.

Best Regards,
--
Jean-Christian de Rivaz