[Buildroot] avr32 patches vs. x86 breakage

Nigel Kukard nkukard at lbsd.net
Fri Mar 21 06:00:32 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

Will this proposal to fix the problem work ...

- Make a dir under arch-avr32, for gcc-x.y.z

- Add a make file to set something like
BOARD_EXTRA_PATCH_PATH=target/device/arch-avr32  this will be set if the
board is AVR32 based

- In GCC / binutils/ uclibc and where ever else avr32 patches are
applied, we can tst if BOARD_EXTRA_PATCH_PATH is available. If it is to
add those patches into the patch set being applied. This should be
simplistic as we know the version for instance GCC_VERSION, we'd just
have to test the path exists and do something like    \*.patch
$(MORE_PATCHES)  , where we set a few lines up.  MORE_PATCHES=
$(BOARD_EXTRA_PATCH_PATH)/gcc-$(GCC_VERSION)

I think this is a good fix to only apply board specific patches if we
need them ... and by simply creating a dir off the board name dir with
the package name in it for each package we muck with.

Good/bad idea? or any combination of idea above.

-N