[Buildroot] Freetype build broken when using freetype-config

Daniel Laird danieljlaird at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:46:43 UTC 2008

If I use buildroot (latest version) to build DirectFB and freetype I get a linker error.
The reason for this is that when freetype-config is called it returns /usr/lib/* for the libs.

This is because freetype-config returns /usr/lib/* for the libraries it requires.

In the old freetype makefile (before AUTOTARGETS was used) freetype-config was patched to return the correct libs.

Was this wrong?

I think this is now incorrect again.
Currently it does not build for me but if I revert to the previous versions (i.e keep libdir-la.patch and freetype.mk) all is ok.

I presume I could define a _HOOK_POSTBUILD targets todo the same thing.

Has anyone else seen this?
Daniel Laird