[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package:editors editors/vi

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Mar 10 19:07:04 UTC 2008

 Ulf> It is not OK, to introduce this without discussing it on the
 Ulf> list though.  Luckily, we have a method to resolve a controversy
 Ulf> and that is to let Eric decide.  I think we should give him
 Ulf> maybe a week, and only if no reply the patches should be
 Ulf> reverted.  (With possible resubmit, if Eric comes back later
 Ulf> with ACK)

Ulf, you have added plenty of controversal stuff without discussing
it on the list. I really don't see a simple cleanup like this being a
big issue.

And no - with all respect, considering Eric's lack of involvement the
last few years - I don't see that as being a solution. Most likely he
isn't reading this thread at all.

Do you have any TECHNICAL objections to the patch? If not, I would
suggest we keep it.

 Ulf> An alternative way of handling the problem is to have TWO trees.

That seems to me to complicate matters rather than solving any
problems.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard