[Buildroot] Glibc instead of uclibc

sjhill at realitydiluted.com sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Fri Mar 7 18:17:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 06:18:52PM +0100, Salvatore Fassi wrote:

> I had been able to compile a complete rootfs with xorg and gtk and to boot
> it, but I had to copy libcrypt, libm and ld-linux.so (with all their links
> etc etc) manually because on my rootfs /lib there was only libc.
> Now the system boots ok...but I can't login!!
> I've tried using "root" with various passwords (also empty one) but I'm
> still not able to log in...
>
> Am I missing some other libraries? Why do all these libraries weren't copied
> in the rootfs automatically?  :-/
> P.S : For your information...I'm using my linux pc toolchain (fedora core 6)
> as an external toolchain for buildroot.

You are missing the other libraries. Here is what my buildroot config
options look like for my buildroot using an external glibc toolchain:

BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_LIB_C="libc.so.6"
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_LIBS="ld.so.1 libcrypt.so libdl.so libgcc_s.so libm.so libnsl.so libnss_dns.so libnss_files.so libpthread.so libresolv.so librt.so libstdc++.so libutil.so"

The libraries that you do not have which are preventing you from logging
in our 'libnsl.so' and 'libnss_dns.so' and 'libnss_file.so'. Once those
are in your root filesystem, you will be able to login.

-Steve