[Buildroot] Huge update

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Fri Mar 7 02:57:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 08:10:41PM -0500, John Voltz wrote:
>  > --- trunk/buildroot/scripts/build-ext3-img
>  (rev 0)
> > +++ trunk/buildroot/scripts/build-ext3-img    2008-03-06 17:52:37 UTC (rev
> 21176)
>
> Why isn't this just a normal target? Or an option to the current ext2
> target?
>
> I would like to do that once I find a good way to do it. It will create a
> bootable ext3 image with grub that can be run directly with qemu or vmware.

Right, I see that it's building a whole hard disk image rather than just
an ext3 file system image.

> The move to /usr/lib was partly because a few embedded systems have the root
> file system stored in a smallish flash device on the main board, sufficient

OK. I'm a bit concerned that we might have some binaries installed in
/bin or /sbin which need those libraries that moved.

Also we don't any targets (image generators) capable of generating
separate root and /usr images afaik. But they can be developed later.

Thanks for all your patches by the way. I don't mean to be a harsh
critic.

Hamish