[Buildroot] Buildroot on Kwikbyte KBAT9261

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Wed Mar 5 20:07:06 UTC 2008

> Dear all,
>
> I've just ordered one KBAT9261 from kwikbyte, wich is AT91SAM9261 based, i'm
> just planning to build a custom board based on the AT91SAM9261 and use it as
> an HMI.
>
> Somebody here tested buildroot on an AT91SAM9261?

There is support for the AT91SAM9261EK, but it is less tested than the SAM9260/63.
Don't know the H/W of the KBAT9261, but if it has a dataflash then you should
probably be OK.
There is very little support in Buildroot for AT91 with parallel flash.

> Does it works to build any kind of Xserver?

X is not well supported in Buildroot.
Three versions, but I have not succeeded in building any of them.

> Any library available on buildroot to use on my graphical applications?

DirectFB ?`

> Thanks in advance for your time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jorge.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson                ulf at atmel.com
Atmel Nordic AB
Mail:  Box 2033, 174 02 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Visit:  Kavallerivägen 24, 174 58 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Phone +46 (8) 441 54 22     Fax +46 (8) 441 54 29
GSM    +46 (706) 22 44 57