[Buildroot] $(ARCH) not set

Florian Huber florian.huber at lindoze.net
Sat Mar 1 16:32:20 UTC 2008

Hello,
I'm trying to build a system for a soekris with a geode cpu (actually
did it before once...). Somehow the $(ARCH) variable used in several
makefiles is not set properly. E.g. there are directories called
"project_build_" and "toolchain_build_". And in the build scripts the
target architecture seems to be "-uclibc-linux" instead of
"i386-pc-uclibc-linux".

Has anyone else seen this error or knows where $(ARCH) should be set and
where I could look what went wrong?

Thanks in advance

Florian

P.S.: I don't think it is a buildroot bug - maybe related to my
stupidity. Therefore I didn't add it to bugzilla.