[Buildroot] Problem building usbutils

hartleys hartleys at visionengravers.com
Wed Jun 18 02:56:06 UTC 2008

Conrad Parker wrote:

> > 2) configure for usbutils outputs error: get libusb 0.1.8 or newer
Not
> > sure how to fix this one. The libusb in buildroot is 0.1.12. It
built
> > fine and the library is in my build_arm/staging_dir/usb/lib
directory.
> > For some reason it's not being found. Can anyone offer so insite on
> > what I might have setup wrong?
>
> edit the version in package/libusb/libusb.mk, and try again.
>
> If it works, send a patch to this list :-)

I'm not sure that will fix the problem. The version in buildroot is
already newer than what libusb is looking for.

I think the problem is the files in build_arm/staging_dir/usr/lib are
not being seen during the configure stage.

I'm out of here for today. I'll try your suggestion tommorrow.

Thanks,
Hartley