[Buildroot] Problem with buildroot and external toolchain

hartleys hartleys at visionengravers.com
Tue Jun 17 17:41:02 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Sorry if this is sent to the wrong list.

I am trying to use buildroot with an external toolchain. I was able to
get everything setup and the Linux zImage and root filesystem are both
built. But when the kernel boots I get a kernel panic no init found.

I think I worked the problem down to the external toolchain libraries
not getting copied to the root filesystem. The copy_toolchain_lib_root
in ext-tool.mk does locate the libraries to copy but I don't get the
messages about the libraries being copied.

The only thing I can figure is the find in:

	for FILE in `find $${LIB_DIR} -maxdepth 1 -type l -name

Is failing for some reason. Can anyone please offer any help on this?

Thanks,
Hartley