[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/libusb

Matthew Dombroski matthew.dombroski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 10:11:35 UTC 2008

>> -$(LIBUSB_DIR)/.configured: $(LIBUSB_DIR)/.unpacked
>> -	(cd $(LIBUSB_DIR); rm -rf config.cache; \
>> -		$(TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS) \
>> -		$(TARGET_CONFIGURE_ARGS) \
>> -		ac_cv_header_regex_h=no \
>>

> It looked to me like something important was lost in your patch (it
> doesn't mention ac_cv_header_regex_h anywhere after patching), but
> looking at libusb's configure script it doesn't seem to be used anyway.

I looked around at a few packages (xorg, glib, gtk) and saw they used a
really tidy makefile.
Theres a bunch of targets in packages/Makefile.autotools.in that you can
use to automate the process of building packages.
I just rewrote the entire libusb.mk to take advantage of those targets.

>> +$(LIBUSB_TARGET_INSTALL_TARGET): $(LIBUSB_TARGET_INSTALL_STAGING)
>> +	$(call MESSAGE,"Installing to target")
>>
>> -libusb: uclibc $(TARGET_DIR)/$(LIBUSB_BINARY)
>> +$(LIBUSB_TARGET_UNINSTALL):
>> +	$(call MESSAGE,"Uninstalling")
>>

> Why the messages? Is this standard among our autotools-using packages?

Im just copying the format of the package install process in
Makefile.autotools.in.
That and I think it looks better :)

The purpose of overriding the un/install to target is to stop the
copying of static libs and docs to the target filesystem. Theyre still
copied to the $(STAGING_DIR) though.

$(LIBUSB_TARGET_INSTALL_TARGET): $(LIBUSB_TARGET_INSTALL_STAGING)
    $(call MESSAGE,"Installing to target")
    cp -dpf $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib/libusb*.so* $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/lib/
    $(STRIPCMD) $(STRIP_STRIP_UNNEEDED) $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/lib/libusb*.so*
    $(Q)touch $@

~Matt