[Buildroot] Still no answer for a contribution made in March

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jun 12 14:26:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

Le Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:42:30 +0200,
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> a écrit :

> Agree - And lack of testing before stuff gets checked in. The deeper
> issue is that we don't do releases I guess, so there's a tension
> between doing development, and having something stable for actual use.

True. Doing stable release would probably be useful for Buildroot
users, and would help in testing something more or less completely.
It's probably a topic that has already been discussed on the
mailing-list, I didn't look in the archives.

> I have gotten a login to the gcc cluster, and have plans to setup a
> buildbot instance to do regression tests on buildroot.

Sounds great.

> Bernard's git tree is a fork of the svn repo from some time
> ago. There's no official sync, but he sometimes cherrypicks commits
> from svn, and I sometimes do the same from his tree.
>
> It's a pity, but has historical reasons.

What tree should a new user use ? The git tree doesn't seem to be
referenced anywhere. Isn't it possible to find a solution to get back
to a single officiel tree ?

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.