[Buildroot] Still no answer for a contribution made in March

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Jun 12 08:42:30 UTC 2008

 >> Yea, and that's the reason why the svn-repo is completely fux0red up.

 Thomas> I don't necessarly think so. Here, the issue is not a bottleneck at the
 Thomas> commit level, but rather a patch review bandwidth problem.

Agree - And lack of testing before stuff gets checked in. The deeper
issue is that we don't do releases I guess, so there's a tension
between doing development, and having something stable for actual use.

I have gotten a login to the gcc cluster, and have plans to setup a
buildbot instance to do regression tests on buildroot.

 Thomas> What's the relationship between your Git repo and the
 Thomas> official Subversion tree ? When is your tree pulled into the
 Thomas> official Subversion tree ? Who review the patches and when ?

Bernard's git tree is a fork of the svn repo from some time
ago. There's no official sync, but he sometimes cherrypicks commits
from svn, and I sometimes do the same from his tree.

It's a pity, but has historical reasons.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard