[Buildroot] Still no answer for a contribution made in March

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jun 11 14:11:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

On March, 12th, I sent a patch adding Thumb support for the ARM
architecture to this list:
 http://buildroot.uclibc.org/lists/buildroot/2008-March/007427.html

Two days later, no comments:
 http://buildroot.uclibc.org/lists/buildroot/2008-March/007492.html

Five days later, no comments:
 http://buildroot.uclibc.org/lists/buildroot/2008-March/007544.html

Two months later, still no comments:
 http://buildroot.uclibc.org/lists/buildroot/2008-May/008723.html

Do you actually care of contributions ?

I don't assume that my patch is perfect or absolutely useful for
everybody, but I would have at least expected some reaction from
Buildroot maintainers saying: «no, thank you, we don't care about this
feature» or «interesting feature, but your approach is flawed because of
this and that».

FWIW, one user reported interest in such a feature:
 http://buildroot.uclibc.org/lists/buildroot/2008-March/007495.html

This absence of reaction is very frustrating for new potential
contributors. I would like to contribute more to Buildroot, but this
experience doesn't really encourage one in spending more time writing
patches that will be ignored.

Thanks a lot for this great project,

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons