[Buildroot] kernel image size depends on toolchain?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Jun 11 09:31:02 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Kuehn <Andreas.Kuehn at gin.de> writes:

Hi,

 Andreas> That is how I found that thing. It simply doesn't fit into my boot
 Andreas> flash anymore.
 Andreas> And Yes, it is the same, not even a copy, .config file for both trys.

 Andreas> The reason why I need the "new" uclibc is, that I need access to the
 Andreas> PIOs of my at91sam9261 and at91sam9263 controllers. And the "old"
 Andreas> uclibc has this mmap bug that creates an page overflow error.

 Andreas> Is there a chance that something in the uclibc like the
 Andreas> LARGEFILESUPPORT creates some static or incompressable data block?

That doesn't sound likely. Are the vmlinux files also different in
sizes? Try comparing output of $CROSS-nm on the vmlinux files.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard