[Buildroot] [buildroot 0004264]: MTD utils and LZO are out of date (fix this)

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Wed Jul 23 13:37:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 02:45:28AM -0700, bugs at busybox.net wrote:
> Update MTD utils to be 1.2.0.  This requires an update to lzo-2.03 which
> now uses buildroot autotools
> makefile.
> MTD-utils 1.2.0 means that there is no longer a need for mtd-utils.git.

That's true for now, but it may be needed again in the future. So I
would suggest not removing it, if anyone is going to work on this.

> MTD-utils 1.2.0 has a  patch that means if you select no UBI targets then
> it will stop the compilation
> of UBI tools.  This stops older kernels breaking (<2.6.25 i think)
> If you select UBI targets then patch is not applied.

I'm not sure what you mean about UBI targets?

Although I think I worked on mtd-utils most recently, I don't have time
to work on the package again in the next few days at least.

Hamish