[Buildroot] Stable release?

Steffen Schulz pepe_ml at gmx.net
Mon Jul 14 18:15:15 UTC 2008

Hi all,

First of all many thanks to the developers of buildroot and stuff like
uclibc and busybox. You're doing great work!

I found buildroot to be the optimal solution for the system engineering
I do at work. Other distros are less flexible, outdated or more
difficult to modify. I'd also love to use buildroot on my OLPC, ideally
with the gentoo portage package to add more programs later on.

So my question is, will there ever be a 'stable' release of buildroot?
Do you aim for a system where all packages tend to compile smoothly or
do you continue to add new software versions as long as some of the
stuff builds?

/pepe